Call +2347089906516 For Ipublicise Africa Music Promotion
“VIEWS” is the top-selling rap album this week.
With six new releases taking up the top eleven spots on the Billboard 200, most hip hop records took a tumble on the charts this week. Drake and the Suicide Squad soundtrack each bounced up a spot, to #2 and #3 respectively, but everyone else on our list fell, aside from Kanye who stayed put at the #21 spot.
After debuting with the #1 album in the country, Travis Scott lands at #6 with Birds in the Trap Sing McKnight. Frank Ocean, Rihanna, Beyonce, and DJ Khaled stay within the top 20 with their newest releases. ***
1) Drake – VIEWS: At #2, Drake sits just behind country star Jason Aldean, who scooped the top spot this week. VIEWS jumps up from last week’s stint at #3. The album hasn’t strayed too far away from the top of the charts since its release 20 weeks ago. This time around, Drizzy clocks 58,603 TAEU and 8,366 pure sales.
2) Various Artists – Suicide Squad: The Album: The Suicide Squad soundtrack has really been the surprise Billboard success of the summer, coming in this week at #3 on the strength of its high-profile contributions from artists like Rick Ross, Wiz Khalifa, and Lil Wayne. In its fourth week on the charts, the compilation does 51,8217 TAEU and 18,786 sales.
3) Travis Scott – Birds in the Trap Sing McKnight: Bouncing back five spots after his debut at #1 is Travis Scott. The newest LP tacks another 37,701 TAEU and 12,661 sales onto its early success.
4) Frank Ocean – Blonde: Frank Ocean bounces out of the top for the first time since Blonde was released four weeks ago. The long-awaited record from the Cali-based crooner moves 27,561 TAEU and 9,672 in pure sales.
5) Rihanna – ANTI: Rihanna’s eighth studio album ANTI suffered a pretty big bump this week, moving down from #8 to #14. But recent months have proved anything, she’ll be back in the top 10 soon. For this cycle, she clocks 26,003 TAEU and 4,646 in pure sales.
6) Beyonce — LEMONADE: Right behind Rihanna is Beyonce with LEMONADE , her multi-media effort that released back in April. In the #15 spot, the album puts 22,719 TAEU and 15,718 sales on the score board.
7) DJ Khaled – Major Key: Holding down the #20 spot is DJ Khaled with Major Key , perhaps his most star-studded and luscious album to date. The album, Khaled’s ninth, moves 19,144 TAEU and 4,131 pure sales during its seventh week on the charts.
8) Kanye West – The Life of Pablo: Kanye West continues to make headlines every other day with his touring antics, and he’s continuing to do pretty well with The Life of Pablo on the charts. This week the album counts 19,114 TAEU and lands at #21, however it has no pure sales to report.
9) Bryson Tiller – Trapsoul: The Louisville crooner has been on the charts for 51 weeks, but this week get pushed back all the way from #20 to #29. Trapsoul is full of moody R&B bangers from Bryson Tiller, and it’s enough to do 13,991 TAEU and 9,857 pure sales, even almost a full year after landing on the charts.
10) Chance The Rapper – Coloring Book: Chance is known for creating his own lane, and Coloring Book continues that fantastic way of growth. With no sales, the album counts 13,485 TAEU and lands at #31 as Chance heads into the final quarter of what has been his biggest year yet.
The top 5 of the Billboard Hot 100 does not budge. The Chainsmokers hold down the #1 and #5 spots with Major Lazer, MØ, Justin Bieber, Sia, and Sean Paul inbetween them. Justin Bieber entered the top 10 with another song this week, “Let Me Love You.” Bieber also debuted at #75 with his Post Malone collaboration “Deja Vu.”
D.R.A.M. and Lil Yachty continue to climb with “Broccoli,” as Drake’s “Once Dance” continues to slowly fall out of the top 10 after weeks of straightup domination.
Drake has nine songs total on the Hot 100, while his tour-mate Future and maybe-GF Rihanna have four each.